Section Ill. MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES FOR M56 GAS-PARTICULATE FILTER UNIT
c. Illustrations are configured to show access to the
specific components being addressed and may not
a. This section contains repair procedures for com-
show the true position of the item or items being main-
ponent parts of the M56 Gas-particulate Filter Unit.
tained or disassembled.
b. Disassemble only as necessary to gain access to
2-11. MAIN FAN - MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS.
This task covers:
Torque wrench 5120-00-247-2536
Arbor press 3444-00-243-2655
Main fan removed from filter unit.
General mechanics tool kit SC 5180-90-CL-N26
Dry cleaning solvent (item 4, app C)
Puller kit 5120-00-289-9597
1. Lift edge of plate (1) with a sharp tool.
2. Pull plate completely off the mounting surface.
1. Thoroughly clean mounting surface with dry cleaning
solvent (item 4, app C). Mounting surface must be
any foreign matter.
2. Activate the back of the plate with dry cleaning sol-
3. Mount plate (1) and apply pressure to the plate sur-
4. Spray or brush plate with aliphatic polyurethane