c. FSCM (Column (3)). The Federal Supply Coda for Manufacturer (FSCM) iS a 5-digit numeric code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or
Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column(4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which
controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or
range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part number from the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) Spare/repair parts that makeup an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line entry.
(3) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated.
(4) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in column 5 for a given figure in both section Il.
f. QTY (Column(6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is
prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V" appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the
quantity may vary from application to application.
C-4. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number
(NIIN) sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN (i.e., 5385-01-574-1476).
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures are in numerical order in section Il.
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN
listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and
number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like
(1) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government
agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the
design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.