(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer identified in the PART NUMBER and FSCM
columns to the left.
(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in sections Il.
(5) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
C-5. SPECIAL INFORMATION.
a. Fabrication Instructions. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the bulk material functional group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk
materials are also referenced in the description column of the line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed fabrication instructions for items
source coded to be manufactured or fabricated are found in appendix E of this manual.
b. Assembly Instructions. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled from component spare/repair parts are found in this manual.
Items that make up the assembly are listed immediately following the assembly item entry or reference is made to an applicable figure.
c. Index Numbers. Items which have the word BULK in the figure column will have an index number shown in the item number column. This index number is a
cross-reference between the National Stock Number/Part Number index and the bulk material list in section Il.
d. Associated Publications. The publication(s) listed below pertain to TM 3-4230-209-20&P and its components:
Decontaminating Apparatus: Power-Driven, Skid-Mounted, 500-Gallon, M12A1
e. Illustrations - Listing. The illustrations in this RPSTL are identical to those published in TM 3-4230-209-30&P. Only those parts coded "C" or "0" in the third
position of the SMR code are listed in the tabular listing; therefore, there maybe a break in the item number sequence. Only illustrations containing unit authorized
items appear in this RPSTL.
C-6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are
prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number noted on the figure.
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National Stock Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in
National Item identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see C-4a(1)). The part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see
C-4b). Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration figure and item number of the item you are lookhg for.