(8) In the Special Tools List Section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for
each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipment supported
exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column (5) for a
(10) The indenture, shown as dots appearing before the repair part, indicates that the item is a repair part
of the next higher assembly.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item used in
the breakout shown on the illustration/figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or
an assembly. A "V" appearing in this column instead of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and
may vary from application to application.
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX .
(1) STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN in national item identification number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN, i.e.
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first four digits of the NSN. However, the complete
NSN should be used when requisitioning items by stock number.
(2) FIG. Column . This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
figures are in numerical order in Section II and Section III.
(3) ITEM Column . The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent
FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence
(i. e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combinations which place the first letter or digit of each group
in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9, and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) CAGEC Column . The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric
code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency/activity that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER Column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design