1 of 2) to relieve pressure
in the filter-
(1) Inspect canister for cracks, tears, and rips.
separator. Open the water drain valve (36, fig. 1-2,
(2) Check that canister is clean.
sheet 2 of 2) and drain tank.
e. Repair of Canister.
(3) Remove the cover clamp (2, fig. 1-2, sheet
(1) Use thin blade screwdriver to remove
1 of 2), cover gasket (3), and cover (4).
(4) Remove canister clamp band (21, fig. 1-2,
sheet 2 of 2).
Do not allow any metal objects to come
(5) Turn canisters (23) counterclockwise to
into c o n t a c t with the teflon-coated
release locking action from the unit.
(6) Pull the canisters up and out of the tank.
(2) Install new washer by placing one end
(7) Remove the elements (22) from the
against the boss in the groove and compressing the
mountings in the tank.
washer into place.
(8) Discard used elements in a safe approved
c. Cleaning. Clean
tank and canisters (23, fig.
(1) Install new filter elements (22, fig. 1-2,
sheet 2 of 2) on the mountings in the tank. Install
1-2, sheet 2 of 2) in the following manner.
canisters over the elements and turn clockwise for
(1) Interior of tank can be steam cleaned, if
available. Sludge can be scraped or scooped from
tank with a squeegee or wooden scoop which has all
(2) Install the canister clamp band (21).
sharp edges rounded off.
(3) Install cover (4, fig 1-2, sheet 1 of 2),
cover gasket (3), and cover clamp (2).
using a squeegee. Refer to TM 38-230 for proper