stand assembly, spacer blocks and attaching hardware.
(2) Inspect for cracks, especially at weld
joints. Check tapped holes for cross
a. Removal and disassembly. The electric motor
cannot be removed from the canister without also
removing the blower assembly either along with or
c. Repair. Repair cracks in motor stand assembly
before removing the motor.
by inert gas welding. Dress all welds if required to
3/8-16 UNC-2B tap.
(1) To remove the motor and blower
assembly as a single unit, remove two
self-locking nuts (9, fig. 4) and washers
d. Assembly and Installation.
(8), which fasten the motor stand
(1) Place motor (2, fig. 5) on motor stand
assembly to the swivel base. Lift the
motor, stand assembly, and blower
(2) Position two spacer blocks (3) between
assembly as one unit off the swivel base
motor feet and base of motor stand
of the top manifold assembly.
(2) Remove blower assembly from motor as
(3) Install four capscrews (1), washers (6) and
(3) Remove four screws (1, fig. 5) and nuts
(4) Assemble and install blower assembly as
spacer blocks (3) and motor (2) from
(5) Place motor, stand assembly, and blower
stand assembly (4).
assembly as one unit on swivel base of
top manifold assembly (fig. 4) and secure
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
with two self-locking nuts (9) and washers
(1) Clean motor and motor stand assembly
with drycleaning solvent.