Section VI. PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT
PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT.
a. Security. Security of the M11 DECON will be maintained in
accordance with AR 190-13.
Bracket should not be removed from equipment for
normal storage after it has been installed.
b. Packing. Disassemble, clean, dry, and package the M11 DECON as
(11 ) Brackets that have to be placed in storage must have the
mounting hardware (three hexagon head cap screws, lock washers, and
(1) Remove the M1 1 DECON from the bracket.
hexagon plain nuts) installed.
(2) Remove spray head assembly and steel machine bolt with
(12) Install and secure M11 DECON in bracket with the handle
copper flat washer from the container.
rotated toward the mounting bracket approximately 30 degrees.
(3) Clean internal and external surfaces of all rust and corrosion
(13) Packaging is not required for storage. Place M1 1 DECON in
storage where it cannot be damaged.
(4) Apply a light film of silicone compound (item 13, app E) to all
c. Marking. If the bracket is not stored with the M1 1 DECON, attach a
(5) Apply a film of silicone compound (item 13, app E) to the
maintenance tag to indicate the bracket is stored on the
screw threads on the spray head assembly, container, and steel machine
d. Packaging. Package in accordance with common carrier regulations
(6) Install steel machine bolt with copper flat washer attached in
for shipment. Minimum markings will be:
container and handtighten, then tighten 1/4 turn more with wrench.
(7) Pour about 1/2 teaspoon of corrosion inhibitor (item 9 or 10,
ADDRESS OF DESTINATION
app E) into the container.
WEIGHT AND CUBE
NITROGEN CYLINDER (MARKED-AS.REQUIRED BY CARRIER)
(8) Screw spray head assembly onto container hand tight.
(9) Make sure nitrogen cylinder is installed and sealing wire
e. Administrative Storage. The M11 DECON will meet long term
secures the arming pin, thumb lever, and handle.
storage requirement of five years. Administrative storage will be in
(10) Apply a strip of pressure sensitive tape (item 14, app E) over
accordance with TM 740-90-1, Administrative Storage of Equipment.
end of nozzle if storage area is dusty. Allow enough tape to fold back the
ends to form pull tabs for easy removal.