TIEDOWN STRAP REPLACEMENT.
This task covers:
General Safety Instructions
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B, Section
III, Item I)
· Do not smoke within 100 feet of filter-separator.
· Fuel is toxic to skin, eyes, and respiratory tract.
Lock washers (Appendix C, Section II)
Tiedown straps could spring out and cause injury.
Filter-separator removed from system, tank
drained and water drain valve open. Refer to
para 2- 6.
Air Vent valve open. Refer to para 2-6.
Refer to figure 4-8.
Tiedown straps are under tension which creates a potential hazard and could cause injury. Stay
clear when removing because tiedown straps could spring out and hit someone.
· Following procedure is typical for tiedown straps on the filter-separator.
· Removal of tiedown straps may require use of a pry bar.
Remove nuts (1), lock washers (2), and flat washers (3) from u-bolts (4) on tiedown straps (5).
Remove tiedown strap (5) from brackets (6) on frame.
Position tiedown strap (5) around tank and install u-bolts (4) into brackets (6).
Install flat washers (3). lock washers (2) and nuts
(1) on u-bolts (6) and tighten to secure tiedown