ASSEMBLY AND PREPARATION FOR USE - continued.
f. Fuel Connections
. (Refer to Figure 2-12).
· Fuel is flammable and toxic. Avoid breathing of fuel vapors. Keep open flame and sparks away
from pump assemblies, fuel hoses and spilled fuel on the ground.
· To prevent injury to personnel and damage to the equipment, use care when connecting
coupling to avoid getting debris on coupling mating surfaces. To prevent leaks and secure tight
connections, make sure gaskets are installed in all female quick disconnect couplings.
· To prevent injury to personnel and equipment, do not apply excessive pressure or force on the
locking arms when securing dust caps or dust plugs. Excessive pressure could break the locking
arms and cause leaks due to poor connections.
· This procedure reflects typical inlet and outlet fuel connections for the filter-separator. The
operating requirements for the system may require different installation of components on the inlet
and outlet couplings.
· Make certain that the quick disconnect cams on female coupling halves are pulled all the way so
that male coupling halves can be securely seated. Check to see that gaskets are installed in each
female coupling half.
Pull locking arms (1) up and out from inlet coupling (2) and remove dust plug (3).
Pull locking arms (4) up and out from hose coupling (5) on inlet hose assembly (6) and remove dust cap
Attach inlet hose assembly (6) on inlet coupling (2) and push locking arms (1) back against inlet coupling
(2) to secure inlet hose assembly onto inlet coupling
Install dust plug (3) into dust cap (7) and push locking arms (4) back against dust cap (7) to secure dust
plug in dust cap.
Pull locking arms (8) up and out from dust cap (9) and remove dust cap (9) from coupling (10) on adapter
Pull locking arms (12) up and out from hose coupling (13) on discharge hose assembly (14) and re
dust plug (15).
Attach discharge hose assembly (14) to coupling (10) on adapter assembly (11) and push locking arms (8)
back against hose coupling (12) to secure discharge hose assembly on adapter assembly.