4-25. SPIDER PLATE AND FILTER ELEMENTS REPLACEMENT - continued.
Fuel is toxic to skin, eyes and respiratory tract. Wear skin and eye protection when handling
components. Provide adequate ventilation.
b. Cleaning. Clean all parts and interior of tank with clean wiping cloth.
c. Inspection. Inspect all hardware, fasteners and gaskets for damage. Replace defective parts.
· Oils from the skin can penetrate the surface of the element and cause them to be ineffective.
When installing element, do not touch the element surface.
· Do not allow any metal object to come in contact with Teflon on element.
d. Installation Refer to figure4-16.
Install 15 new filter elements (22) onto guide pipes (23),starting with the farthest element from the access
Secure filter elements (22) on guide pipes (23) with retaining plugs (21). Hand tighten plugs, being careful
not to over tighten.
Install gasket (19) onto element (18).
Slant end of element with gasket (19) down and insert though access port.
Turn element (18) slightly to the right and lift into position on upper wall hole farthest from the access port.
Slide element (18) to the right until it fits into the outlet hole in the tank.
Hold up end of element (18) and install wire support (17) on rod stays (20).
Install next element (18) on top row and install other end of wire support (17).
Install remaining three elements(18),with gasket end (19) in lower row of holes, starting farthest from
access port Install remaining wire spacers (17).
(10) Insert guide rod (16) in hole on tab hole inside of tank.
(11) Install screw (14), flat washer (15),in guide rod (16) and insert guide rod into tab hole inside of tank.
(12) Install spider plate (11) on rod stays (20) and secure with seven flat washers (10), lock washers (9), and