D - Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation
and disposal of item not authorized below depot level.
L - Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity
A - Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g.,
precious metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to
appropriate manuals/directives for specific instructions.
c. CAGEC (Column (3)). The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric
code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency/activity that supplies the
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer, (individual,
company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item
by means of its engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item
or range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a
different part number from the number listed.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5).
This column includes the following
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry, e.g., Phy Sec
C1 (C)-Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S)-Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T)-Top-Secret.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled
item line entry.
(5) Part numbers of bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers
are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (reference paragraph 5, Special Information).