This task covers:
General Mechanic's Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Gloves, Rubber (Item 2, Appendix E)
Goggles (Item 3, Appendix E)
Rags, Wiping (Item 4, Appendix E)
Silicone Compound (Item 6, Appendix E)
Replace. (figure 4-9)
Do not smoke or use open flame in vicinity of filter/separator. Use protective equipment to
prevent skin and eye contact with fuel.
(1) Remove two nuts (1), washers (2) and bolts (3) and remove coupling (4), cover (5) and coupling gasket (6).
(2) Remove wing nut (7) and lockwasher (8) and remove retainer (9).
(3) Loosen thumb screw (10) and remove band clamp (11).
The toxic effects of some fuel additives are potentially dangerous to personnel and property.
Avoid repeated or prolonged skin contact. Use rubber fuel resistant gloves when replacing
(4) Remove four canisters (12) with elements (13).
(5) Remove four elements (13) from canisters (12).
(6) Apply silicone compound to O-ring on each end of element.
(7) Install four elements (13) in tank (14).
(8) Install four canisters (12) over elements (13).
(9) Install clamp band (11) and tighten thumb screw (10).
(10) Install retainer (9) and secure with wing nut (7) and lockwasher (8).
(11) Apply silicone compound to coupling gasket (6).
Install cover with vent valve to rear of filter/separator.