This task covers:
General Mechanic's Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Solvent, Dry Cleaning (Item 1, Appendix E)
Rags, Wiping (Item 4, Appendix E)
Silicone Compound (Item 5, Appendix E)
Lockwashers (Appendix F)
Gloves, Rubber (Item 1, Appendix E)
Goggles, Safety (Item 3, Appendix E)
Replace. (figure 4-8)
Do not smoke or use open flame in vicinity of filter/separator. Use protective equipment to
prevent skin and eye contact with fuel.
(1) Remove two nuts (1), washers (2) and bolts (3) and remove coupling (4), cover (5) and coupling gasket (6).
(2) Remove wing nut (7) and lockwasher (8) and remove retainer (9).
(3) Loosen thumb screw (10) and remove clamp band (11).
The toxic effects of some fuel additives are potentially dangerous to personnel and property.
Avoid repeated or prolonged skin contact. Use rubber fuel resistant gloves when replacing
(4) Remove four canisters (12) with elements (13).
(5) Remove four elements (13) from canisters (12).
Dry cleaning solvent, PD-680, used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated or prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100-138°F (38-60°C).
(6) Clean canisters (12) with dry cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(7) Inspect canisters (12) and replace if screen is torn or canisters (12) are bent, dented, or otherwise damaged.
(8) Apply silicone compound to O-ring on each end of element.
(9) Install four elements (13) in tank (14).