414. Canister and Filter Element.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 1, Appendix B)
Lubricant, Silicone (Item 6, Appendix E)
Solvent, Drycleaning (Item 1, Appendix E)
Rags, Wiping (Item 4, Appendix E)
Gloves, Rubber (Item 2, Appendix E)
Goggles, Safety (Item 3, Appendix E)
Lockwashers (Appendix F)
Repair. (figure 4-5)
Do not smoke or use an open flame in the vicinity of filter/separator.
(1) Loosen four nuts (1) until flush with bottom of bolts (2).
(2) Lift up four bolts (2) and turn 180°.
(3) Remove cover (3) and gasket (4).
(4) Remove two screws (5) and Iockwashers (6) and remove bracket (7).
The toxic affects of some fuel additives are potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated or prolonged skin contact. Use rubber fuel restraint gloves
when replacing elements.
(5) Remove element (8), canister (9), standpipe (10) and grommet (11)
Drycleaning solvent, PD680, used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to
personnel and property. Avoid repeated or prolonged skin contact. Do not use near
open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100 138°F (38 60°C).
(6) Clean canister (9), and standpipe (10) with drycleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(7) inspect canister (9) and replace if screen is ripped or canister (9) is otherwise damaged.