Dismantle the crate, removing top, sides, and ends from the skid base.
b. Remove all tie downs and blocking that secure the filter/separator to the skid base.
c. Carefully lift the unit from the skid base and place it in position.
4-5. Checking Unpacked Equipment.
Inspect the equipment for damage incurred during shipment. If the equipment has been damaged, report
the damage on SF-364, Report of Discrepancy.
b. Check the equipment against the packing slip to see if the shipment is complete. Report all discrepancies
in accordance with the instructions of DA Pam 738-750 or DA Pam 738-751 as applicable.
4-6. Installation. (Figure 4-1)
a. This unit will usually be installed in a pipeline, therefore its installation will be of a more or less permanent
b. The filter/separator must be placed at a level site in an upright position.
c. Ground filter/separator as follows:
(1) Attach first grounding rod (1) and coupling (2) to the driver/puller rod (3).
Before driving grounding rod, be certain that driver/puller rod and grounding rod are fully
threaded into coupling. Be sure collar is hand tight against coupling
(2) Place driver/puller (4) on driver/puller rod (3) and drive grounding rod (1) into ground approximately 30
Do not allow grounding rod to rotate when disconnecting the driver/puller rod from the
grounding rod. Grounding sections must be kept screwed together to ensure a good
(3) Remove driver/puller rod (3) and driver/puller (4) from first grounding rod section.
(4) Attach second section of grounding rod (5) to first section and attach driver/puller (4) to second section
and drive into ground.
(5) Repeat step (4) and drive third section of grounding (6) rod into ground until only 12 in. (30.5 cm) of rod
is above ground.
(6) Remove driver/puller (4) and driver/puller rod (3) from third section of grounding rod (6).
(7) Place driver/puller (4) and driver/puller rod (3) in overpack box.
(8) Slide grounding cable clamp (7) over grounding rod (6).