1. Inspect support collar (1) on support bracket (2) (see figure B-2). Replace if damaged or worn.
Dry cleaning solvent emits strong vapors and is highly flammable. Use in a well ventilated area
away from sparks and open flames. Failure to observe this precaution could result in serious
injury or death.
2. Using dry cleaning solvent and wiping rags clean support collar (1) to ensure that it is free of dirt, grease or
3. Inspect rubber strips (3) on retaining strap (4) and support bracket (2). Replace if worn, torn, hardened, loose,
or otherwise damaged.
1. Mark installation date on M48A1 filter canister identification plate (5) in space provided (see figure B-2).
2. Secure outlet transition (6) to filter canister (7) with hose clamp (8).
3. Place filter canister (7) on support collar (1) so that flow arrow is visible and pointing up toward outlet transition
4. Position assembled filter canister (7) and outlet transition (6) in support bracket (2), ensuring outlet transition
aligns with shelter inlet. Ensure filter canister (7) seats properly on support collar (1).
5. Secure retaining strap (4) to support bracket (2) using two bolts (11) and washers (12).
6. Position assembled clamp grooved coupling (9) and outlet transition (6) on shelter inlet, and secure by
After installation of new gas filter, an ammonia smell will be present. This is a normal occurrence and does
not indicate a bad filter or create a health hazard. Operate unit for approximately 1 hour to eliminate odor.